There are a lot of different games that are available at casinos. In those games, the players buy chips for real money, and they gamble those chips away in a variety of different games with a lot of possible outcomes. While a lot of casino games are based on luck, some actually require skill and practice. However, it does not matter if you are a professional gambler or a newbie, everybody can have fun gambling in a casino. There are three general categories when talking about the casino games: electronic gaming machines, table games and random number tickets (just like Keno or simulated racing). For the casino games, such as slots and pachinko, they are generally played by just one player and they do not require any sort of skill or experience, as opposed to games like poker. Always keep in mind, that every casino has different odds and different rules, so before playing any of the games be sure to get informed. Even if the old-fashioned land-based casinos can be quite thrilling for the people who love crowds, there are also the online casinos for people that prefer playing from home. Nevertheless, casino games can be fun for everybody, and the list below will present the top 10 popular casino games!
- Poker: is related to almost all of the gambling games that involve cards. Every poker game variant involves betting as a part of the game, and it determines the winner of each hand based on the combination of cards that a person had. The game of poker can sometimes vary by the amount of cards that are being dealt, the number of cards that are hidden, the number of the shared community cards and the betting procedures. All in all, there are a number of poker rules you need to follow to be successful in this game, which also includes a lot of practice.
- Craps: is quite an energetic game and it is based on dice. There are a lot of places where the player can bet, so he needs to place bets around the table. The Pass line is the most important and main focus of this game. In this game a seven and an eleven win on the line while a two, a three and a twelve lose. All of the other numbers that are rolled would make an established point. This game is quite simple, but it does have a variety of different bets. It is simple in terms that all you really need is dice to play this game, which is how the game “street craps” came to life where people gathered on the street and had fun.
- BlackJack: is a card game that is also known as 21. This game is played between the player and the house. The dealer deals two cards in this game, for himself and for the players. The dealer will have one card facing up while the other is facing down, while the players will try to get as close to 21 as possible, without going over the number. Aces can be equal to 1 or to an 11. In blackjack, the player can call a stand to end his turn or a hit to draw another card. This game is one of the wildly played casino games, throughout the history, and even today.
- Slots: are machine games, that you can find in every land-based casino and in almost every online casino. They are the biggest attraction to tourists and the new players. Since it is a game, which is solely based on luck and chance, anybody can play it. You do not need any practical skill! In general, the player needs to put in coins into the machine and then he must pull the lever/handle or press a button (depends on the machine). This will cause the wheels on the machine to spin, and in the old-styled slot games, there were 3 wheels. However, in the newer versions of slot machines, there are about 3-5 wheels. When that wheel stops, the player will win the amount based on the pattern of symbols.
- Roulette: is another big attraction to land-based casinos from all over the world. Here, the player has to place his chips on different parts of the table, where they wish to bet. Every Roulette table consists of numbers from 0-36 and 00 and it even has the additional betting for the even-odd, the red-black, low/middle/high 12, low 18-high 18, and, of course, for the first/second/third column. The player will also be able to wager their money on the numbers 2, 3, 4, or 5, and they can even cross bet between the additional area for betting. After all of the bets have been placed, the dealer will spin the wheel in one direction and spin the ball in the other, and when the ball lands in one of the Roulette’s pockets, the winner will be determined.
- Pai Gow Poker: is simply an Americanized version of the Pai gow, which is played with the playing cards that have poker values, instead of the Chinese dominos for Pai gow. This game is played against the house and not against other players. The dealer will deal 7 cards, (players will be dealt dominos for the Chinese version), to every player, and himself, after which everyone will look at their hand while trying to make the best 2-card poker and 5-card poker hand. The 5-card hand will have to rank higher than the 2-card hand. After this, the hands will be compared against the dealer’s hand. If both hands win against the dealer’s hand, then the player wins, and same as that, if both lose then the player loses. However, if both the player and the dealer win, then it is called a push.
- Keno: is a lottery-based gambling game, it is often played at casinos and it is even suggested in some lotteries. Players wager their money by choosing numbers that usually range from 1-80. After all of the players had made their wagers, 20 numbers will be drawn at random (some other types of Keno draw fewer numbers), either with a ball machine that is used in bingo or some other lotteries, or just with a random number generator. Each casino has its own number of payouts, called the “pay-tables”. The player will be paid based on how many numbers was he able to match with the numbers that are drawn.
- Wheel of Fortune: also known as The Big Six, is a game that is played by wagering your money on one of the six symbols that are displayed on the game table. After the bet has been placed, the wheel will be spun. The wheel in The Big Six is divided into 52 equal sections. The pins that are around the edge separate those sections. As the wheel slowly stops, it will point to one of those 52 sections, between two pins. A player is able to wager his money on any of the sections, and if the wheel stops at a section on which a player bet on, all of the players who wagered their money on that section will win the bet.
- Baccarat: is a well-known card game, and it has three different and popular variants: baccarat chemin de fer – also known as chemmy, the baccarat banque – also known as à deux tableaux and the punto banco – also known as North American Baccarat. In the game of baccarat, every player will have three options: Banker, Player, and Tie. When all of the players have chosen and placed their bets the dealer will deal out two-card hands. One will be the banker hand while other will be the player’s hand. Those hands will be added up, and if a total of a hand is over 10, then the 10 is dropped (example: 9+5=14=4). When a hand is equal to a 10, it will become a 0 or baccarat. The hand that wins would have to be higher than a two, and anyone who wagered an appropriate bet will win.
- Bingo: is a game that is purely based on luck and chance. In this game, the player marks off different numbers on his card as the numbers are being drawn at random. The winner is the first person who marks all of the numbers. Bingo is one of the biggest casino attractions after the slots games, and that is because it does not require any skill, so anybody can play it. It is very fun and entertaining, and there is nothing like collecting all of the numbers or creating a pattern and yelling out “Bingo!” in front of everybody while earning a big profit.
Everybody can enjoy a good casino game, and since there are so many different games, you will definitely find the one that is just perfect for you. It does not matter if you want to go to a land-based casino or just play from home, all of these games are available in both land and online casinos. So just have fun finding the game for yourself!