If you are new to casino games, and you do not know where to start from but you do know that you prefer the card and table casino games, well, we are here to help. You should definitely be informed about all of the possible table and card games that are available in casinos, not just the ones that are labeled as “the best”. However, these games that are listed below, are definitely the most popular casino games (card and table), and definitely for a good reason. No game becomes well-known just out of the blue, and just like that all of these games earned their reputation by giving their players the best gaming experiences. Some of these games are quite unique, while others are just different versions of older casino games. Nevertheless, they made it to this list for a very good reason, and once you start exploring their rules and as you start playing, you will understand why. All that is left for you to do now is to, read up, inform yourself, find your preferred online or land-based casino, and simply have fun!
- Blackjack: or as some like to call it ‘twenty-one’, is one of the most played casino card games in the world. In this game you compare the cards between yourself and your dealer, which means that you are not playing against other players, you are playing against the dealer. The object of this card game is to beat the dealer’s hand in one way or another. You can either get 21 points on the first two cards, which is also known as blackjack, you can reach a final score that will be higher than the dealers without going over 21 or you can simply let the dealer draw more cards until he exceeds 21.
- Baccarat: is another well-known card game that is usually played at casinos. You have three popular different types of this game: baccarat chemin de fer or just “chemmy”, punto blanco or the “North American baccarat” and the baccarat banque or as some like to call it “à deux tableaux”. In baccarat banque and baccarat chemin de fer, both players can make their choices, which will add a bit of skill into to the game, as opposed to the punto banco baccarat where everything is left to luck, with no strategy involved. Baccarat is quite a simple game where you compare the hands of a player and a banker. There are three possible scores: player wins, banker wins or a ‘tie’.
- Roulette: is a casino game that was named after a French word that means wheel. In this game, players are able to choose to wager a bet on either a range of numbers or just a single number, the colors black or red, or just on whether the number is going to be even or odd. The game determents the winning color or number as a croupier (the person in charge of spinning the wheel) spins the ball in one direction while spinning the wheel in another. When the ball loses momentum and as it falls on one of the wheel’ pockets, the winner is determined.
- Craps: is a widely known dice game that was usually played on the streets and now it is mostly played in casinos. It is a game where you wager your money on a dice roll, or a pair of dice, or a series of rolls. Players are even able to wager their money against other players or against the bank. When they bet against each other, that is usually known as the street craps, shooting dice or even rolling dice. Since the game is so simple and you only need a pair of dice to play, it was practiced throughout the history and it was played on streets, hence where it got the name “street craps”. When you bet against the bank you are playing the casino craps, which can also be called the table craps or just craps.
- Three Card Poker: is a table game, which was based on the regular poker, and it is usually played at casinos. It is one of the most profitable proprietary casino table games when measured by the wins, which are generated by ravenous or for casinos for the rights owners. This game has two different modes in which you can play. In the Ante and Play, you wager your money on the player’s hand against the dealer. The bet called a ‘Pair Plus bet’ is paid on a scale basis that a player’s hand will have a pair or better. In almost every casino both of the Pair Plus bet and Ante bet are optional, however, there are some casinos in which the Ante is actually mandatory.
- Pontoon: is a name that is shared by two different card games, both of the Blackjack variants. For the ones who are from Malaysia, Australia, and Singapore, this is a card game, which is similar to Spanish21 or MatchPlay 21, while in the UK this game is much more similar to the game of Blackjack. However, it can be distinguished from Blackjack by the simple verbal usage of the terms “stick” and “twist.” The British variant of the Blackjack game, called Pontoon is played in Commonwealth and the UK, with the single 52-card decks. In this version, you have the terms “twist” – meaning hit, “stick” – meaning stand, and “buy” – meaning double the bet, which should not be confused with the “doubling down”.
- Sic Bo: is also known as dai siu (大小), tai sai (大細), hi-lo or big and small. This is an unequal game of luck that is played with three dice, and it is of an ancient Chinese origin. Sic Bo is a popular casino game in Asia, and it is widely played in casinos in Macau. In the Philippines, it is played as hi-lo. This game was introduced to the United States by the immigrants from China, in the early 20th century. Since 13 May 2002, this game was made legally in the UK casinos, under The Gaming Clubs and Regulations 2002. Sic Bo involves betting on an outcome that can be satisfied with the roll of dice.
- Vegas 3 Card Rummy Game: is a game that is played with a 52-card deck with both the players and the dealer being dealt three cards. In this game, your mission is quite simple: you need to land a hand that has a total of a smaller value than the dealer’s hand, and all you have to do is to just sit back, relax and simply collect. The dealer must have a hand that has a value equal to 20 points or even less, to be able to qualify. If for an example, the dealer’s hand does not qualify, then you will win even money on the Ante, thus, the Raise will be returned to you.
- Triple Pocket Hold’em: is the latest addition to the well-known Microgaming’s Gold Series, where a group of picked games offers players a lot of unique wagering options. You can easily win a bonus worth fifty times the royal flush, and with just a slight twist to the table games. This game will give you three hands from which you can choose from, hence where it got the name. This is definitely that one game that will be interesting to the players who enjoy playing both the online casino card games and the poker games. However, unlike the standard poker games, where you will be playing against other players, in this game you will be playing against the dealer.
- Texas Hold’em: is also called the Texas holdem, holdem or hold’em, and it is a variation of the card game called poker. Two cards, which are called the hold cards or hole cards, will be dealt face down to each one of the player, and then in three stages the five community cards will be dealt face-up. These stages consist of a series of 3 cards “the flop”, with an additional single card later – “the turn” or “fourth street” and the final card called “the river” or “fifth street”. This can also be considered as a newer game, and it will appeal to any player that enjoys playing poker.
Keep in mind that all of these games have their own sets of rules you need to follow, together with a lot of different types of bets. When you find the game that you think might interest you, have fun exploring all of the possibilities while wagering your money on different types of bets!