It is true that there are a lot of different sports that offer betting options, however, not all of those sports are necessarily your best bet. Some sports are very hard to understand and even harder to bet on while some other sports are quite simple. You should never refuse to learn how to wager your money on a sports event just because that sport might take some time for you to understand; in the long run, you will be able to make a great profit. It does not matter if you are a professional gambler or you have just recently taken an interest in sports betting, anybody can learn. All you need is patience and time, and soon enough you will be able to make a big amount from just placing bets. A lot of professional gambrels even have their own strategies and ways they like to wager a bet, and soon enough you can make up your own unique ways of betting strategies. In the list bellow you will have the top 10 sports that people love to bet on; if they are in the top 10, there must be a good reason behind it.
- Soccer: is sometimes also called football, however, a lot of people call it soccer. This is one of the most-known sports, and there is a little to no chance that you have never heard of it. However, there is a high chance that you have never bet on it, and now would be a great time to start! This is a sport that is played between two teams with a spherical ball, with both teams having eleven players. It is played in over 200 countries by 250 million players, which not only makes it the world’s most famous sport in general, but it also gives some of the best sports betting opportunities!
- Cricket: is the 2nd most popular sport in the world, with approximately 2-3 billion fans (all across the UK, Pakistan, Australia, Asia, India… etc). This is a bat-and-ball game, that is just like in soccer, played between two teams with the both having with 11 players. It is played on a field, and at the center of that field, there is a rectangular 22-yard pitch. Each team takes turns to bat while attempting to score a run. When you understand the rules of cricket, just have fun, since this is definitely a sport that offers some of the best trading opportunities!
- Basketball: is, similarly to soccer, a sport you have definitely heard of. It is a sport that is played by two teams, that have 5 players, on a rectangular-shaped court. The objective of a basketball game is quite simple, all the players need to do is to get the ball through a hoop. This is also one of the easiest sports you can bet on, and it is very similar to football betting. It uses a point spread for making bets on both of the teams together with the O/U numbers. However, even if it is one of the easier sports you can bet on, you should still learn a bit more before actually placing a bet!
- Tennis: is a sport that is generally played individually (singles), between two players, and sometimes with two teams (doubles) that have 2 players. Each player has a racket and he needs to hit a hollow rubber ball, which is covered in felt, around or over the net and right into the opponent’s court. Betting on tennis has really become more popular in these past few years, and that is probably thanks to the TV coverage; you are able to virtually watch tennis in almost every part of the day. Nevertheless, if you want to make a profit by wagering your money on this sport, you need to learn all of the rules and the types of the bets it offers.
- Horseracing: is one of the oldest betting sports, and it has been practiced throughout ancient times. When the lotteries, gambling or casinos, in general, were illegal, people went to horseracing and started to bet on horses. It was quite an attraction, and even today, it is one of the most entertaining sports you can bet on. It is true that a lot of young people discard this sport because they think that it is something only the old would appreciate, but they are wrong. There is nothing like betting the old-fashioned way while sitting outside and watching the race live; however, today you can even place a bet online.
- Volleyball: is a sport that includes two opposing teams of six players, on a court that is separated by a long net. Each team can score a point by grounding the ball into the opponent’s part of the field. It has been a big part of the Summer Olympic Games, since 1964. There are a lot of ways one can bet on volleyball, and as with every other sport your best option is to first learn its types of bets and its rules. Once you have mastered everything you need to know have fun placing a bet in a Volleyball match!
- Hockey: has two different version of the game, it can be played on a proper field or on the ice. It is a family of sports where two teams try to maneuver a ball, or a puck, into the goal of their opponent with a hockey stick. However, even if this is one of the well-known sports to bet on, hockey has a lot of different ways you are able to wager your money. Some of these bets can even get very confusing, but there are a lot of different articles on the internet that could help you start.
- Baseball: is another bat-and-ball game, and it is played between two teams that both have 9 players. The offence needs to score more runs than their opponents by hitting a ball that will be thrown by the pitcher. This sport has a lot of rules regarding the game, and about the same amount of rules regarding its betting opportunities, there are a lot of different lines and odds, they are just all over the place. The bets range from money line bets to futures bets, to prop bets, and a lot more.
- American football: is a very interesting sport, and it is followed by an old phrase that says that football is a sport that we are playing with our arms, legs and shoulders, but mainly we have to use the neck up part of our body. Like in most of the sports, it is played by two teams that have eleven players, on a rectangular court. The offence needs to take the ball and advance at least 10 yards in 4 downs to be able to receive a set. It is not a difficult sport to understand and you will definitely have a lot of fun while wagering your money on football.
- Golf: is a ball sport, that takes absolute precision. Here, the players that compete against teach other use a variety of different cubs with which they hit a ball over a lot of obstacles into a hole that is on a big field. Generally speaking about golf betting, there are three different types of bets you can make, which is one of the main reasons people like to bet on golf. You can place a bet on a certain golfer to win the game, you can bet that a golfer will be put in the top three places or that one golfer is going to end up in a higher place than another golfer.
After you read up on all of these sports, choose the one you liked the most or the one that you think will help you earn the most. However, always make sure you know exactly what you are doing, and never bet an amount you can’t afford to lose.