Gamer Limit Banner
Community Blog Recap #2
By: | November 23rd, 2009

Community

This week on the blog side of Gamer Limit, randombullseye went retro, Michael Carusi gets into Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, and Sean compares graphics to gameplay.

Read on after the jump for some suggested community reading.

Read more… »

Community Blog Recap #1
By: | November 15th, 2009

limitrecap1

This week on the blog side of Gamer Limit, Martin went Top Gearing, randombullseye had a nostalgic look at Sweet Home, and Robert had a crack at critiquing Sandboxes.

Read on after the jump for some suggested community reading.

Read more… »

limitcast-header2

Howdy listeners, I know we missed the preshow discussion last week, but Josh was only able to tear himself away from his new How to be a Man handbook long enough to record last week’s show.  Hey, who could blame him?

Anyway, Josh is still doing an arbitrary number of sit ups and push ups, so I have taken it upon myself to post this week’s preshow. Read more… »

limitcast-header2

The first series of holiday releases have descended upon us, and we used almost all of last week’s podcast talking about them.  Well, play time is over and it’s time to throw around another heavy topic.

The release of Demon’s Souls has highlighted a glaring lack of challenge in today’s core gaming scene.  And we want to know why that is.  We’ve decided to suplex the monster topic of difficulty in gaming in it’s entirety. Read more… »

limitcast-header2

It’s funny how fast a week can fly by in the wake of a few big releases. It seems each member of the Limitcast has found themselves overwhelmed with Brutal Legend,Uncharted 2, or both – which may or may not have influenced the decision to cool the subject matter down a bit, and lean towards a topic that’s a bit more playful than usual.

This week we’re going to use the power of imagination to combine some of our favorite intellectual properties into fantasy crossover titles, and give a brief description of the type of game we foresee them being.

Read more… »

picture5a_2

Welcome to “What Are YOU Playing?”, a new community outreach program by Gamer Limit, where we encourage everyone from staff to passer-by to tell us not only what you’ve been playing the past week, but what you plan on playing in the week to come.

Yes folks, it’s true: Nolan North does look like his most popular character! And speaking of Uncharted 2, I haven’t bought it yet, so feel free to shame me into doing so in the comments below. I’ve been spending too much time playing Demon’s Souls (as said on the podcast) to really give it as much attention as it deserves, and additionally, I have Way of the Samurai 3 in transit as we speak.

Is there another recent game you’ve enjoyed other than Uncharted? Is Brutal Legend everything you wanted and more? Feel free to let the world know how amazing they are below.

technicald

Technology tends to be fickle and unreliable. Sometimes you hit “Copy”, only to have your computer interpret it as “Delete”. Other times, like last week for example, you hit “Record” and nothing happens at all. Such was the fate of the original Limitcast Episode 19. Some may suggest that these follies are the fault of a phenomenon known as “User Error” – but to them I say, “Shut the hell up.”

Technical difficulties aside, the crew will be re-recording Episode 19 on Sunday October 11th, and our focus will be on “The Causes and Effects of Over-hype.”

Comment below with your thoughts and we’ll discuss them during the show.

Read more… »

kh

Welcome to “What Are YOU Playing?”, a new community outreach program by Gamer Limit, where we encourage everyone from staff to passer-by to tell us not only what you’ve been playing the past week, but what you plan on playing in the week to come.

To kick off this episode, I feel like I’m the only person on Earth who is avidly enjoying Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, which is actually a really solid action RPG.  The Kingdom Hearts series in general gets a pretty bad rap for being convoluted, but I just respond by staring at the nay-sayers blankly, and saying “but it has Beast in it!”

And seriously, how can you argue with that? Is there another recent game you’ve enjoyed quietly (or loudly, for that matter)? Let us know below!