Gamer Limit Banner

This week in What Are YOU Playing? I’ll be surprised if anyone replies with a comment other than: “Bad Company 2, douchebag, now rack off and let me get back to knifing baddies.”

Mega Man 10 is already available on WiiWare (Yes, we know that nobody uses it), while PlayStation (March 11) and Xbox (March 31) owners will have to wait a little while longer to pick it up on their respective PSN or XBLA.

Read more… »

Hello and welcome to your Weekly Recap! Before you get settled in, I wanted to thank everyone who posted a haiku comment on last weeks post; I’m sure it caused Dylan immeasurable pain and suffering. If that isn’t thanks enough, then you’re too hard to please.

You may be wondering why this is going up early on Monday instead of mid-late on Sunday… well, I can assure you that it has absolutely nothing to do with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I’ve only played that game like 24 hours in the six days since it’s release. And I definitely wasn’t up all Saturday night playing it online.

Luckily, the rest of Gamer Limit’s addiction to this game hasn’t slowed them down. So, read on for this week’s articles in Recap-O-Vision!

Read more… »

We’re back in action for another week of What Are YOU Playing?, where we ask you, the readers, to tell us about the bevy of titles that have been holding your attention for the past seven days.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom received a huge wrap here at Gamer Limit, while Aliens vs. Predator proved once again that both series should be left to die a respectful death – if that’s even possible anymore.

Read more… »

Welcome, yet again, to the classiest post of the week: your Weekly Recap! With February coming to a close, and a quite eventful March staring us dead in the face, like an awkward friend who doesn’t know when to look away, I’d say there is a ton to look forward to in the coming weeks.

But simmer down, because before we fire up our bubble pipes, tighten our smoking jackets, and begin nodding in unison and saying things like “indeed” and “quite,” I want to go off on a tangent. And what is that tangent? Haiku.

Read more… »

It’s that time again! We’ve gotten our grubby mitts on a few Heroes of Newerth closed beta invites and we thought we’d pass the savings on to you! Heroes of Newerth is a Defense of the Ancients clone that brings its own personality to the genre, being based in the world of Norrath. That’s the same world that was featured in both Savage and Savage 2 – both pretty popular games that mixed RTS command and FPS play together. But wait, there’s more!

Interested in getting your hands on one of these beauties? Act now and we’ll email you a pristine closed beta key that slices, dices, and just might end up getting you owned by the Gamer Limit staff, if you’ve got what it takes! Hit the jump for more participation details and the part where you sell us your soul. Just kidding, of course.
Read more… »

Welcome, yet again, to another rousing week at Gamer Limit; and, ah, what a week it was. There were a plethora of community blogs, some fantastic features, a group of exquisite reviews, and even a contest for the readers/members. It was really quite a  smashing week.

But, apparently, most of you have been spending your time watching something called “the Winter Olympics.” I’m not exactly sure what that is, but I’m fairly certain it’s nowhere near as interesting as the games you could have been playing or the articles you could have been reading.

Read more… »

We’re kicking it old school and bringing back “What Are YOU Playing” for another week. Come on in and let us know what you’ve been playing this past week, and what you intend to sink your teeth into for the week ahead.

The Yakuza 3 demo hit the PlayStation Store on Friday, but I couldn’t help feel a pang of disappointment with how it played. If you disagree, feel free to shame me into giving it another chance.

Read more… »

Welcome to the recap. I hate to do this, but I really must ask  you to keep it down this week… the missus is in the other room and thinks that I am merely taking a nap. If she were to know I was recapping on her special day, I would be in the proverbial “doghouse” and on the literal “couch” later this eve.

And, although that would facilitate my gaming much better than laying in bed, quietly playing a PSP under the sheets while she dozes next to me, the repercussions do not stop at the couch. Not the ideal situation.

So, with that taken care of, its time to bust out your bubble pipes, hit the jump, and get to it.

Read more… »

The Weekly Recap: Dressing Down
By: | February 8th, 2010

Hello again and welcome to The Weekly Recap. I see you’ve brought your bubble pipes and smoking jackets with you this week. Congratulations on remembering, but you must have missed the memo about top hats and monocles.

It’s okay, it’s okay; I’ll just take mine off and keep it a little less formal than originally planned. At least we can blow our bubbles in unison and share a sense of superiority over how incredibly refined we are.

As for the past week, well, it was a humdinger! There were some fun forum discussions, fantastic user blogs, intriguing features, and rapturous reviews. So without wasting any more time, hit the jump and get right into it.

Read more… »

Why hello, I didn’t see you there. Let me take the bubble pipe out of my mouth, step away from this stone fireplace, and sit in that old-timey chair, which just happens to match my smoking jacket. Ahhh, there we go. Comfort!

Allow me to introduce myself: I’m Mark, the new Community Promoter and weekly recapper. Yes, much like a stranger on Halloween, you can count on me to hand out delicious candy; except, with my recaps you don’t have to get dressed or check for razor blades (unless you really want to). Why post a recap you say? Well, we know that you hate clicking more than two buttons to find anything on the web, so that’s why I’m paid to help you catch up on articles, reviews, and the forums each and every week.

Wait, what was that Colin? I don’t get paid for this… seriously? Oh. I didn’t realize that was the volunteer application. Well can I get the non-volunteer one? It’s contractually binding!? Well, great. Guess I’d better get on with the recap then, and try to get my day job back tomorrow.

Read more… »

Title

[Each week, our goal is to scour our news posts, Gamer Limit blogs, and our forums looking for topics that make us laugh, sit in shock, or just sit in confusion making us ask the question: WTF?  The top three stories from the Gamer Limiters who make us evoke those reactions will be featured in our brand new editorial called Three Jeers of the Week. So c'mon Limiters, if you find something interesting, let us know about it.  You could be the feature for everyone to see.]

To pick-up right where we left off last week, I have searched Gamer Limit looking for the most shameful posts, and, let me tell you, I struck gold.  If you dare to look at the filth underneath the video game industry’s glitz and glamor, I’m sure you’ll be just as appalled or laughing hysterically as I was.  Either way, read on for the dirty truth. Read more… »

Office Space beatdown

[Each week, our goal is to scour our news posts, Gamer Limit blogs, and our forums looking for topics that make us laugh, sit in shock, or just sit in confusion making us ask the question: WTF?  The top three stories from the Gamer Limiters who make us evoke those reactions will be featured in our brand new editorial called Three Jeers of the Week. So c'mon Limiters, if you find something interesting, let us know about it.  You could be the feature for everyone to see.]

To kick things off, I’d like to open up by asking the question: what does Australia, Asian girlfriends, and a children’s charity have in common?  Nothing really, but they did make it into Gamer Limit’s first ever Three Jeers of the Week.  So read on if you dare. Read more… »