Gamer Limit Banner

Welcome to the recap. As I write this I sit here in clothes I haven’t worn in ages because Andrew never reminded me to do laundry even though he said he would be my laundry alarm clock on twitter. What a jerk, right?

Anyway… it’s been an excellent week here, especially on the community side of things. Lots of blogs, some new GL members making their first big posts for the site, its all so exciting. So let’s not waste any more time with this intro… after all, I’ve gotta move my laundry from the washer to the dryer pretty soon.

Read more… »

The Weekly Recap: Hippy Week
By: | April 26th, 2010

It’s time for your Weekly Recap. I don’t know about you, but I’m really glad that this past week is done with. Why? Because we had two freakin hippy holidays back to back, that’s why. I did my best to ignore them both, and it worked pretty well seeing as how I work nights and never leave my apartment. But they still managed to work their way into my digital world, and I’m afraid the smell of pot and petuli will be stuck in my nostrils for weeks to come.

But enough with those horrible, traumatic memories… the faster we get this recap over with, the faster we can get to work repressing all the horrible hippy-ness.

Read more… »

I’m still somewhat in a state of disbelief at the sort of quality 2010 has imbued upon us. Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Bioshock 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain, Battlefield: Bad Company 2- okay, we could go on for a lot longer. We here at Gamer Limit are all about letting you little buggers have your say, no matter how ludicrous, so why not come in and state your case about the best game of 2010 so far.

Hit the jump to check out a few of the top contenders, but by all means name your personal favorite for Quarter 1 in 2010, and explain just why it should be recognized as the best of the year so far. Also feel free to castigate me for omitting your pretty little 2010 gem.

Read more… »

There comes a time in every gamer’s life when you need to swallow your pride and accept the fact that a series can in fact redeem itself with a single title. I’ve been smashing Splinter Cell: Conviction for the past couple of days and never thought I’d be as impressed with a SC title as I am with Jack Bauer’s Sam Fisher’s new escapades.

Head on inside to let us know what you’ve been playing this week, and what games you’re looking forward to in the near future.

Read more… »

Yeah, welcome to the recap, I guess. Sorry If I seem a little down this week, but it just hit me that I’m the only GL staff member with a beard right now, and so my wonderful abundance of facial hair and I are just feeling a bit down. Why does that make me sad!? Because facial hair makes the world go ’round. That’s a fact, proven by science over and over again. Just look at all the awesome people that had facial hair: Jesus, Einstein, Freddie Mercury (before he died of gaids).

I don’t know how many examples you need… but the point is, you should stop shaving. And you should also read the recap. Cause I have a beard, so it’s definitely worth your time.

Read more… »

The Weekly Recap: Pure Magic
By: | April 12th, 2010

Welcome once more to the Weekly Recap, where we put on our fancy hats, horrible English accents, and look at the past week in blogs, reviews, and features as if we could do any better.If that doesn’t sound like a grand old time to you, well… then you must hate fun.

And speaking of fun, don’t those upstanding young men in the header just look like they’re having a blast? I mean, who wouldn’t dictate their lives by what grown men in clown make-up rap about? And yes, I know what you’re thinking; “why bring up ICP? It’s not the 90′s anymore!” Well, because they released the most dope, life changing song ever. And it’s in the wrapup.

Think of it as your dessert after chowing down on a good, healthy serving of recap.

Read more… »

Hello and welcome to the Weekly Recap. What a busy week we’ve had… all sorts of news, some great articles and blogs, Jesus was murdered on Friday, people frantically partied all weekend while he wasn’t watching, and now I hear he’s alive again via some sort of magic. You can’t get a more exciting week than that without a mountain of blow on your coffee table, a mixed drink in each hand, and strippers dancin’ their little bunny-tails off.

But you didn’t drop by to hear me tell you about how exciting the week was, you’re here to have it recapped for ya. So put on your top hats, fire up those bubble pipe, and get your sophistication glands ready to be overclocked, cause here we go!

Read more… »

Plenty has happened in the gaming world since last we met, including God of War III giving boys another chance to quicktime their way to sexual manhood while screaming “BEWBS!” at their television screens.

Kratos has finally finished his happy funtimes decapitating diseased Olympians (don’t tell me you didn’t do the same), and I must say that GoW3 is right up there alongside Mass Effect 2 for best game of 2010 so far.

Read more… »

Day number twenty-nine. Month three. Time, unknown.

The writers of this site continue to make me read their work and comment on it weekly… prodding me to make fun of their colleagues for some sick, selfish reason I’m still not privy to. I’m not sure if it is a form of punishment or a sort of training for some greater purpose. I’m sure their motives will become clear in time. I just hope that I make it through these trials.

Footsteps in the hallway. A shadow making its way down the walls. I mustn’t dillydally… the recap must begin.

Read more… »

The Weekly Recap: Poke-Walkin
By: | March 22nd, 2010

Welcome to the Weekly Recap! As you’ve no doubt seen from the past few recaps, Monday morning is when you should expect this to go live, that way it’s waiting for you Monday when you get up for work/school and are trying to pretend the weekend didn’t end.

Now, I’m sure there was a ton going on this past week, but it seemed like a huge blur to me since I’ve been obsessing over Pokemon HeartGold since I got it on Tuesday. It’s gotten so bad that I’m even using the PokeWalker at work and started walking from my apartment to where the mailboxes are just to get Watts and level up a stupid Metapod. I don’t know who had the idea to package a Poke-pedometer in with this game, but it was mean and cruel.

Read more… »

Welcome back to another riveting week of What Are YOU Playing? The shit has been flying every which way with divided opinion on Final Fantasy XIII; some love it, others despise it.

Thank god then that I’ve been too preoccupied with God of War 3. Come in and tell us what YOU’VE been playing!

Read more… »

Welcome to the first Weekly Recap of daylight savings time. Thankfully, everything except my microwave auto-set themselves for the time change; and, honestly, I’m fine with having to do the microwave myself… if it was hooked up to the WiFi it might share how awful my diet is with anyone who cared to check. Then I’d have to defend my diet of burritos, ramen, and EasyMac to my mother… who would be horrified at the prospect of my malnutrition.

And speaking of malnutrition, the past week has been pretty slow here at GL due to the launch of Square Enix’s latest life destroying game, Final Fantasy 13. This week’s LimitCast is about it, most of the staff are playing it, and for some reason, there is even someone (*cough*JAMIE*cough*) that got it for the Xbox 360. I guess he didn’t hear that his inferior version of the game is why the PS3 version didn’t live up to it’s full potential. Or maybe he did, and just likes making horrible decisions.

Either way, Jamie should be thoroughly scolded for such a senseless waste of money. But that can wait until after the recap, can’t it?

Read more… »