Today word got out, via USA Today, that several well known Hollywood actors will be lending their voices to help bring the world of Fallout: New Vegas alive.
Obviously Ron “War, War-never-changes” Perlman will be making his return to the series, filling in as the narrator. Besides Mr. Perlman, gamers can expect to hear Danny Trejo, Felicia Day, Wayne Newton, Matthew Perry, Michael Dorn and Zachary Levi in their post-apocalyptic journey.
To get an idea of the roles these actors will be playing, here is the descriptions from USA Today:
- “Perry’s character, Benny, is the head of the Geckos family. A smooth-talking criminal but also a bit of a weasel, Benny may sound dangerous, but isn’t that tough. Ultimately he’s more of a ruthless pragmatist than a villain.
- Zachary Levi’s playable character Arcade is a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse who hides a mysterious past. He’s described as quiet, analytical, and cautious. Highly ethical and moral, he understands the post-apocalyptic world is one in which sometimes, people just have to be shot in the head. HE is more concerned with large-scale issues than the needs of individuals. He may appreciate what individual people go through, but firmly believes that it’s more important to affect large-scale societal change than to fix problems little by little.
- Another newcomer who will be familiar to video gamers is Felicia Day (The Guild), who voices the playable character Veronica, a sarcastic Brotherhood of Steel scribe.
- A third playable companion is Raul the Ghoul, a mechanic and former gunslinger voiced by Danny Trejo (From Dusk Till Dawn).
- Ron Perlman (Hellboy) returns to voice the narrator in Fallout: New Vegas, a role he has played in every major Fallout game to date.
- Actor and singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson (The Blade Trilogy) plays Chief Hanlon, a grizzled solider at the end of his career.
- Rene Auberjonois (Boston Legal, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) is the enigmatic and reclusive Mr. House.
- Michael Dorn (Star Trek:The Next Generation) returns as Marcus, an intelligent super-mutant, last seen in 1998′s Fallout 2.
- John Doman (Mystic River, The Wire) plays Caesar, the charismatic and powerful dictator at the head of Caesar’s Legion.
- William Sadler (The Shawshank Redemption) is Victor, a friendly robot with the personality of an old fashioned cowboy.”
What do you guys think about this? Personally, I’m ecstatic. Out of all these actors, my favorite has to be Danny Trejo. Not only is the guy one of the most badass looking dudes on the planet, he’s also mad real. So real that someone made a documentary about his early life of crime and how, after a serious prison sentence, he was able to turn it all around and become an actor.
Which of these actors are you guys excited to see? Are you disappointed by any of them? How do you feel about Hollywood actors showing up in your games? Let us know what you think with a comment below.