Soccer! I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist… Anyhow, football is in full force this year with the 2010 World Cup. One of the biggest events in sports, hosted this year in South Africa, is a big deal for, well, the world. Surprisingly enough, EA Sports is cashing in with its newest release: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
199 teams, 10 official stadiums and, the best part, more FIFA! And with an end of April release date on 360, PS3, Wii, and PSP, it is safe to say football fans will have their fix all year long. Bring on the World Cup! USA! USA! USA! Yep, I went there. Read on for more info.
“For the first time ever, play out the 2010 FIFA World Cup in a full and authentic online tournament mode. Carry the hopes and dreams of your favourite nation into battle against fans from rival countries. Compete under the same conditions your real-world heroes will face in South Africa, from the group stage through the knockout rounds to the chance to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa champion. For fans of nations that failed to qualify for South Africa this is the chance to replay and re-write history. Plus, earn individual and team points to prove your nation is the best in Battle of the Nations.”
- Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup — Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Online — The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
- Spectacular Presentation: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
- Battle of the Nations — Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
- Home & Away Tactics— CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
- Altitude Effects — Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
- Authentic Stadiums — Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Official release date: April 27th in US, April 30th in Europe/Asia (360/PS3/Wii/PSP)