Exactly one year ago today, Gamer Limit started to publish original articles. GL was born on a whim, made to be a sister of a now defunct website, and created by a gamer who had no interest in writing… Amazingly, we pulled it off. Congrats!
Read on for 11 random notes about Gamer Limit.
- Gamer Limit was meant to be called Limit Gamer, but when registering the domain name I accidentally got the words around the wrong way (oops).
- The original scope was to only cover the big consoles (no PC, no handhelds).
- The first week’s worth of content was copied from Casualty Gamer (our sister site).
- Pixelated Geek, our lovable affiliate since launch, started at the same time we did. Originally, they wanted to merge the sites… (but I would have none of that)
- I’ve put on at least 12kgs since starting Gamer Limit, although I’m slowly burning it off.
- The original GL template was heavily based on FirstShowing‘s design.
- No Authors who were writing in 2008 are still involved with Gamer Limit.
- We had a mascot, but the evil editors made me remove it; although he can still be found in the Tops section.
- Gamer Limit managed to go two months without any editors (scary?).
- The GL Launch Post can be found here (dated today’s date!).
- And, if you want to read some of our classy, early articles, start reading here.
A big thank you to all the staff, readers and publishers for helping us make it this far. Here’s to the next year!