Rejoice! Those of you who have ploughed countless hours crafting interactive masterpieces in LittleBigPlanet will soon be able to do so with up to three other people.
So will this lead to collaborative construction or concentrated chaos? Read on for the full list of updates.
The indisputable crown jewel in Media Molecule’s latest update, Leerdammer, is a four player online create mode. However that’s not all: more space to save your stuff, a backup option for your levels and location-based matchmaking are all included as well.
Below is a full list straight from the creators themselves; essential reading for all those digital Da Vinci’s out there.
- If you play a level but do not complete it, a silver Sackboy medal will be displayed on the badge, to get a gold medal you must complete the level.
- We made the LittleBigStore a bit easier to navigate and also to download things after purchase.
- There is now an option to ‘Auto-Reject’ invitations from other players. The option is in ‘Profile Settings’. If you have this set to ‘On, no one will be able to join you unless you choose to ‘Play Online’. This setting is not saved to your profile and needs to be set every time you play.
- Sticker switches have been made more noticeable and give better feedback to the player when attempting to place stickers on them.
- Checkpoints can now be activated using switches.
- Race Gates can be made thin again!
- You can now use the Sticker and Decoration tool and turn Sackboy around while in Customisation mode.
- Added the QWERTY keyboard layout to the text chat menu.
- Play, Create, Share scores have been removed – we thought these scores were a good idea but they never worked in the way we wanted them to. They may return one day. Maybe.
- If you collect a key whilst playing a community level, you will now see the level unlocking for you once the level you are playing has been completed. You can also search for linked levels in the search menu.
- Pressing and while browsing community levels can now show you the name or the author of each level on the earth as well as the Heart Count and Rating.