Today Rockstar Games announced that it will be holding a contest where gamers could win the chance to be a character in the upcoming Western shooter Red Dead Redemption. In order to participate, all you have to do is grow a badass mustache like Wyatt Earp or Doc Holiday and send in pictures of it.
Why is Rockstar Games promoting mustache growth? You see, Rockstar is a major sponsor of Movemeber, “the annual, month-long celebration of the moustache, highlighting men’s health issues, specifically prostate cancer.”
To find out more about this bizarre contest, hit the jump.
According to the official site, you need to “Grow a rugged mustache and send us a photo by the end of Movember for an opportunity to be immortalized as a character in Rockstar Games’ next epic action-adventure, Red Dead Redemption.”
- “Register on Movember’s website
- Register your email address with us here to participate in the Red Dead Redemption Movember event
- Tell your friends and family and get them to sponsor you and raise money for men’s health charities
- Grow your most dastardly outlaw moustache (Clean shave at the start of Movember. Growth period is Movember 1st- Movember 30th)
- We will then pick the rugged hombre with the best mo who will have his likeness immortalized as a character in Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption due out in 2010″
So what do you guys think? Will you be participating in this mega manly contest? If I could grow facial hair I would totally do this, but since I’m doomed to perpetually look like I’m in high school I think I’ll have to sit this one out.