The rumors have been running rampant for a couple weeks now, but today at the end of their Blizzcon ’09 opening ceremonies Blizzard officially announced the next World of Warcraft expansion entitled Cataclysm. This world altering addition to the extremely popular MMORPG is set to transform Azeroth in ways never before seen with new races, quests, zones, and a higher level cap.
This is the news all you WoW fans have been waiting for, so to find out more about this highly anticipated expansion pack hit the jump.
- World of Azeroth is completely transformed as classic zones are forever changed.
- New high-level zones.
- New PVP zone and Rated Battlegrounds.
- Goblins join the Horde as a new playable race.
- Worgen join the Alliance as a new playable race.
- Flying mounts can now be used in Azeroth.
- Level cap raised to 85.
- New race classes: Tauren Paladins, Human Hunters, Night Elf Mages
- New dungeons and raids.
- Guild leveling system and achievements.
- New secondary skill: Archaeology.
- Hundreds of new quests.
- Heroic classic Instances, like Deadmines (VC) and Shadowfang Keep.
- New character progression: Path of the Titans.
Blizzcon ’09 has just begun and this list is just the tip of the iceberg. Stay tuned to Gamer Limit as more details about this earth shattering expansion flow in.
Source: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm