Today 2K Games announced that a downloadable release of NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will arrive in September on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
For 400 Microsoft Points ($5), gamers will be able to create custom characters, run them through drills, and play 5-on-5 scrimmages. The more you play your custom character, the better he gets. When October 6 rolls around and NBA 2K10 hits stores, you will be able to import your custom character into the game.
2K VP Greg Thomas explained, “We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10′s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches.”
For the official list of features and my personal take, hit the jump.
As an avid basketball fan and Cleveland native, I can’t wait to download NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. The first day it’s released, I’ll be training my custom guy to be worthy of brushing elbows with King James. When NBA 2K10 arrives this fall, the online community better get ready to bear witness to some Cavaliers domination.
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will feature:
- “Building custom players by working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, and increasing their NBA stock through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games.
- Over 300 different signature customizations, including player-specific shooting animations, dunk and dribble packages and more to allow each created player to have his own unique personal style.
- Ability to strengthen all parts of the created player’s game with a variety of drills, such as shooting, post offense and defense, attacking the basket, dribbling, challenging shots, boxing out for rebounds and more to progress through the NBA Draft Combine.
- Organized games that will allow players to gain valuable skill points and offer a variety of specific in-game objectives that will need to be accomplished in order to gain them. At the end of each game, a full analysis will be available for gamers to review their player’s performance and strategize their further improvement.
- All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will wear a special patch on their uniform throughout the rest of that player’s career to denote that they have completed the NBA Draft Combine.
- Online leaderboards to track the highest ranking custom built players, and where a player stacks up against the competition.
- Opportunity to unlock special achievements on Xbox 360 and trophies for PLAYSTATION 3 system.
- Fans can take their custom built players from NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey of becoming an NBA legend.”