Can’t wait for E3? Neither can we. The small trickle of new information is enough to keep us chomping at the bit for the big reveals, and the blowout of information! These new details from Mass Effect 2 come courtesy of OXM.
DLC will play a large role in the sequel, with “substantial” ammounts of content to be released shortly after the retail release. Other details include…
- You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown
- There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
- Planets – There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is “Omega” with is like an anti-Citadel in that it’s huge and it’s the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
- Story – The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it’s enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it’s up to Shepard to investigate, it’s termed as a “suicide mission” which may lead to the details of the teaser.
- New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a “new” control scheme.
- Totally revamped inventory system
- Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you’re at and where you’re traveling.
- No more texture pop in.
- Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
- Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
- Also on the story, they’re super-hyping the ending, saying that it’s much more grand meaningful in ME2.
- More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
- returning team members, locations, weapons.
Want more? Check out NeoGaf.
We’ll let you know what we think about Mass Effect 2 when we get our hands on it at E3!