We all waited for Capcom to finally announce the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for XBLA and the PSN. Now that the wait is over, they have unveiled what the new MvsC2 is going to offer, and Sony’s official Playstation blog had a surprise up it’s sleeve. PS3 owners in North America will be able to download the demo on April 30th, with UK owners given access shortly after.
That’s right, this Thursday you can finally curb that 2D fighting appetite.
Hit the jump for all the information.
Here are the details straight from Capcom-Unity:
- It’s based on the Dreamcast code
- Matches can be played online (using the same lobby rules as Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix
- HD upscaling options and new sprite filters (click here for more info on the filters
- Widescreen and 4:3 ratios available (it isn’t pure widescreen, check out the source on how Capcom accomplished it)
- All 56 characters will be available at the start
- Customizable music options
Well, there you have it! These are all the options that the full game will offer when it is released this summer. Here are the demo details from Sony’s official Playstation blog what the demo will entail:
- Two player local matches
- Six available characters: Chun Li, Ryu, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine
- Seven selectable environments
- Upscaled HD graphics and two selectable sprite filters
- Widescreen/4:3 ratio
While this is great news to all you PS3 fighting fans, 360 owners still don’t know if they will be getting the demo, and there is no official reason why it hasn’t been confirmed yet. Hopefully it will launch with the PSN version.
Keep checking Gamer Limit for updates!