Most of the time when there’s a big update or an add-on for a 360 game, the developer adds more achievements at a later date. The sad news is, they are solely for the flashback and combustible map packs.The flashback map pack was received by buying a new copy of Gears of War 2, and at a later date, by download for 400 Microsoft points. The combustible map pack was released at an unreasonable 800 points. The combustible maps were added as download content very quickly after the game’s release, to the dismay of many fans. I don’t know anyone personally who has bought them, due to the rampant glitches Epic has failed to fix. In addition to many game breaking glitches, the match-maker service can take up to 20 minutes, sometimes more, to find one game. Gears of War 2′s launch and subsequent lack of support is one of the most failed launches in the gaming community of all time.
- Skeletons in your Closet (20G) – Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Flashback Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
- More Mystery, Less History (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Bound by a Shared Past (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps
- Trial by, and on, Fire (20G) – Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team
- The Roof! The Roof! The Roof… (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Forged in the Fire (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps
- Annex: Now With Execution Rules (75G) – Win an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (public matches only)