Guide brought to you by ScathingAccuracy
For our continued catch up on guides for November we are publishing a Gears of War 2 Achievement guide, a complete guide written by Officer Ballbeg on how to obtain all the achievements.
- Gears of War 2 has 50 achievements worth 1000 Gamerpoints.
- There are 37 single player achievements. – There are 13 multi-player achievements.
Achievement List and Guide:
1. Green as Grass – Train the rook (any difficulty) (10G)
2. It’s a Trap! – Story progression in Act 1, Chapter 2 (10G)
3. Escort Service – Story progression in Act 1, Chapter 4 (10G)
4. Girl About Town – Story progression in Act 1, Chapter 6 (10G)
5. That Sinking Feeling – Story progression in Act 2, Chapter 4 (10G)
6. Freebaird! – Story progression in Act 2, Chapter 5 (10G)
7. Heartbroken – Story progression in Act 2, Chapter 6 (10G)
8. Longitude and Attitude – Story progression in Act 3, Chapter 3 (10G)
9. Tanks for the Memories – Story progression in Act 3, Chapter 4 (10G)
10. Water Sports – Story progression in Act 3, Chapter 6 (10G)
11. There’s a Time for Us -Story progression in Act 4, Chapter 2 (10G)
12. Better Wrapped in Beacon -Story progression in Act 4, Chapter 3 (10G)
13. Have Fun Storming the Castle – Story progression in Act 4, Chapter 6 (10G)
14. And the Horsey You Rode in On – Story progression in Act 5, Chapter 1 (10G)
15. You Are the Support, Son – Story progression in Act 5, Chapter 2 (10G)
16. Brumak Rodeo -Story progression in Act 5, Chapter 4 (10G)
17. Does This Look Infected to You? – Story progression in Act 5, Chapter 5 (10G)
- Self-explanatory achievements. These are all unlocked with continuous progression throughout the story mode. These achievements can be unlocked while playing on any difficulty. You can unlock these achievements by playing alone or co-operatively, over Xbox Live or locally.
NOTE: At the start of the campaign after the first cut-scene where you are introduced to the newest rookie of the COG squad, you are given a decision to continue through the story mode or train firstly. If you select continue you will miss the chance to complete the tutorial therefore missing out on the achievement.
18. Tourist of Duty – Complete all campaign acts on Casual Difficulty (25G)
19. Guerilla Tactician – Complete all campaign acts on Normal Difficulty (25G)
20. Artist of War – Complete all campaign acts on Hardcore Difficulty (25G)
21. Suicide Missionary – Complete all campaign acts on Insane Difficulty (25G)
- Another four self explanatory achievements which are achieved by completing the story mode on each of the above difficulty modes. Like Gears of War, these difficulty achievements come as a package rather than having to complete each one individually. E.g. If you complete the story mode on Hardcore difficulty, you will unlock the Hardcore difficulty achievement aswell as the achievements for completing the story mode on both Casual and Normal difficulty.
Act 1: Tip of the Spear
Chapter 1: Welcome to Delta
#01: The Eagle Newspaper – When you start the game, be sure to take the Training option. Right after you begin, head down the alley and keep an eye out on the floor for The Eagle Newspaper, it’s in the middle of the street.
#02: Ambulance Driver’s Log – Once you drop down the ladder at the end of the Training section, go right and enter the garage to find the Ambulance Driver’s Log.
Chapter 2: Desperation
#03: Doctor’s Journal – After your first encounter with locusts in the hospital, you’ll be in a long room overlooking the floor below you. Head to the left of the room and into a small adjacent room to find the Doctor’s Journal.
#04: Jacinto Medical Center File – A few rooms ahead you’ll find a large, enclosed reception desk in the center of the room. Check the floor inside to find the Jacinto Medical Center File.
#05: COG Letterhead – Right beside the cafeteria is a small room with a desk and a computer. Inside this room is the COG Letterhead. You should unlock the “Collector” achievement at this point, if you’re getting all of the collectibles in order.
#06: COG Proclamation – The COG Proclamation is on the second floor of the hospital’s lobby, near some ammo just as you enter the room.
#07: COG Tags: Private Dylan Murphy – As soon as you exit the hospital turn right and you’ll find these tags behind a pillar.
Chapter 3: Rolling Thunder
#08: Grindlift Notice – The notice is right behind you as you start, on the wall.
#09: Munitions Requisition Form – When you get off the rig to defend Dizzy, check to the left of the rig. It’s near some bushes and ammo.
Chapter 5: Roadblocks
#10: Jacinto Sentinel Newspaper – In the first building you enter in this chapter, check upstairs. The Jacinto Sentinel Newspaper is near some grenades.
#11: Memorial Inscription – After getting rid of the Tickers, check the wall of the war memorial to find the Memorial Inscription.
#12: Landown Delivery Driver’s Note – This collectible can be found on the floor at the back of the Imulsion station.
#13: COG Tags: Private Samuel Lee – About half way through the tunnel, your way is blocked by wrecked cars. BEFORE you go up the short set of steps that bring you to these cars, check to the left and you’ll find a room with the tags inside.